Framing: Using the surrounding elements in a scene to "frame" the shot.

I was totally surprised by this shot. I was doing my "framing" challenge and just got the idea to shoot this. I get afternoon sun in my kitchen window and thought I'd pose a quick shot, not intending for it to count towards my challenge...and it fits, actually! See the window crosspieces?


50mm fixed, f/1.8, 1/4000s, ISO 200.

A couple of others...

Taking the challenge literally! A cute one I managed to catch. I haven't hung this mirror yet, so it's on the floor in the guest bedroom leaning up on the linen armoire. If I'd had more time before she ran off, I would have used a smaller aperture to get the ivory and gold frame of the mirror in focus, and widened the perspective.



Peeking through the crack in the door of the linen armoire that Lady loves to lounge in. The reflection of the hinge kind of spoils it.



Kitty's favorite spot.